Merino wool is an exceptional material that is renowned for its softness and beauty. The fiber of the Merino sheep breed is very fine; in fact, most merino wool has a diameter that is less than half that of a human hair, making it extremely smooth. This is why merino wool fibers are sought by textile and apparel designers for usage in blankets as well as clothing items like sweaters and socks. Merino is a protein-based fabric that resists smells and naturally controls body temperature, making it a fantastic foundation layer for winter. Merino wool is a natural material that is both ecologically responsible and biodegradable. There are so many wonderful things about merino wool.
Here are the steps you need to follow while washing and drying Merino wool clothes:
- Put your item into a fine mesh washing bag after turning it inside out (if feasible). This can help prevent pilling and possible damage to your merino socks and garments inside the washing machine. One bag may hold numerous pairs of socks.
- The right quantity of Heritage Park Luxury Silk, Wool, and Cashmere Detergent should be added (note: you can opt for fragrance-free wool detergent variety or our subtle and relaxing lavender mist wool detergent scent).
- On your machine, select the wool cycle. Use the hand wash or delicate cycle if your washing machine lacks this feature.
- NEVER use any sort of bleach or fabric softener on merino wool.
- Don’t wring out your goods if they are really damp after the cycle. Roll into a fresh, white towel to absorb any more moisture.
If you’re unsure whether or not to dry your merino wool clothes or accessories, the answer is categorically NO! Keep in mind that as merino wool is a natural fabric, it will unquestionably shrink significantly if exposed to excessive heat. No amount of drying time is safe for your premium merino wool, so trust Love 2 Laundry. We are professional in washing, dry cleaning Dubai, and ironing your clothes as we carefully wash and dry your clothes and make sure to deliver them to you in less than 24 hours.