Paul O’Grady’s daughter has left a heartbreaking note to her late father at his funeral.
Sharon Mousley, 48, left the touching note during her father’s funeral. She was born after Paul had a brief relationship with then work colleague Diane Jansen, now 76, in the early 1970s.
The devastated 48-year-old attended the service in Kent after O’Grady died aged 67 last month. The ITV star died of cardiac arrithymia, a post-mortem revealed.
- Behind the scenes as Lancs couple have wedding day filmed for reality TV show
- Mrs Hinch breaks down in tears as beloved pet dies suddenly
Sharon entered the church while carrying Lily’s famous white wig in a moving tribute to her late father. “Gongan, we miss you so much, Abel and Halo will never forget you,” Sharon’s note read outside the church in Kent, Birmingham Live reports.
She added: “Your little teddy is with you. I love you.” Paul’s sister, Sheila, also left a note which read. “Dear Paul, beloved and loved brother, brother-in-law and uncle. Will love, remember and miss you forever. Rest in peace.”
In front of a congregation of his closest friends and family, O’Grady was laid to rest following an emotional funeral service. The coffin was placed next to the grave of his former partner Brendan Murphy, who died in 2005.
Mourners then headed to a wake at Port Lympne Safari Park in Kent. A horse-drawn carriage slowly made its way to the church where Reverend Canon Roger Martin welcomed family and friends including comedian Julian Clary, actress Dame Sheila Hancock, the late Dame Barbara Windsor’s widower Scott Mitchell and EastEnders actor Scott Maslen.
The Salvation Army Band played songs such as Tomorrow from the musical Annie – in which O’Grady was starring in a touring production at the time of his death. In the wake of Paul’s death, Sharon said: “What can I say? We are all devastated, I am, my mum is, everyone is. We loved him and we will miss him.”
She added: “We are all distraught.” Paul agreed to pay maintenance of £3-a-week for Sharon out of his £11-a-week pay packet.
- Police statement as M65 crash sees car and trailer overturn leading to huge delays
- Hairy Bikers Dave Myers and Si King fans ‘crying with laughter’ amid seven-day warning
- Jewellery worth ‘thousands of pounds’ stolen in Preston burglaries ‘
- Kind and loving’ man dies after mistaking fatal heart attack for three-day hangover
- Police ‘extremely worried’ for missing dad and daughter, 3, last seen 11 days ago in Blackpool
You can find this story in My Bookmarks.Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.