Burnley striker Chris Wood is wanted by Newcastle United this month as the Magpies seek to strengthen their ranks.
The Clarets have no desire to allow their main striker to leave Turf Moor and Sean Dyche said earlier this month that he expected all his senior squad to remain at the club.
“We think all the current squad will be here,” said the boss, but any serious offer would have to be considered by the Clarets.
READ MORE: Burnley transfer state of play amid Chris Wood to Newcastle links
Newcastle have money to spend in January following their takeover and have already signed former Burnley man Kieran Trippier.
Eddie Howe has prioritised a striker and Wood has emerged as a possible target while the Magpies are also working on a deal for Reims youngster Hugo Ekitike.
No bid has been lodged for Wood and it would take a serious fee for the Clarets to consider selling their main striker, who was replaced at half time in the weekend FA Cup defeat to Huddersfield Town with a groin problem.
But on Monday night The Telegraph suggested the New Zealand international might have a release clause in his contract, hence the Newcastle interest.
Wood is under contract at Turf Moor until 2023 and signed his latest deal in November 2019.
Lancs Live has been unable to verify any release clause but should one have been inserted you would expect it to be £25million-plus given the 30-year-old cost £15million when he arrived from Leeds United in 2017.
Wood has netted at least 10 top flight goals in each of his four seasons in the Premier League with Burnley but has managed only three this term.
He was forced off injured during the FA Cup defeat to Huddersfield Town on Saturday and it remains unclear whether he will be fit enough to return to action this weekend.
Download the LancsLive app for free on iPhone here and Android here.
Don’t miss a thing from the club you love! For all the latest updates on Burnley, sign up to our free newsletter packed with all the latest news here.