Nine young men who were caught throwing eggs at cars in Blackburn have made up for their wrongdoing by helping a local food bank.
The yobs were caught on CCTV committing the ‘irresponsible and silly behaviour’ and found by a member of the neighbourhood team in Blackburn. Sergeant Lynch suggested they buy a car wash ticket for the victim as well as donate to the food bank.
It came after police said that they have seen reports on a local community page about youths damaging cars with eggs and stones in the Blackburn area. The men did the right thing by taking a trolley full of food to the food bank.
- Blackburn bakery slapped with 0* food hygiene rating – but owners claim inspection never happened
We tried the Blackburn butty shop given a zero star food hygiene rating – and we’ll be going back
A spokesperson for the police last night said: “Today 9 young adults atoned for throwing eggs at cars in Blackburn. Having been foolish enough to conduct this irresponsible and silly behaviour under a cctv camera, ‘crack’ sleuth Sergeant Lynch, of the Neighbourhood Team at Blackburn tracked the group down.
“In addition to a dressing down from the Sergeant, he suggested that the group buy a car wash ticket for the driver of the single car hit. A recommended further optional way of showing their regret of this shameful waste of food, was to add a decent contribution to a local food bank.
“Eager to please, our ‘offenders’ dropped off the car wash ticket and trolley of food at the police station, that was kindly delivered by Neighbourhood officers today at the Blackburn Foodbank. Next time kids it’s the stocks and rotten veg.”
- Blackburn thieves caught on camera sprinting out of jewellery store carrying £60k ring then launching high speed police chase
- Cat and four tiny kittens dumped in bag ‘for days’ near Haslingden A56 bypass
- Met Office issues seven-hour thunderstorm warning for parts of the North West with heavy rain on way
- Four Lancashire spas named among best in UK by top industry awards
- Burnley trophy parade in pictures as thousands of fans line the streets to celebrate Championship title
You can find this story in My Bookmarks.Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.